Monochrome Mallet Monday

Hunslet Mallet ‘Boadicea’ poses for the camera it the Wheal Ponder linhay.

The last week or two hasn’t seen much work done on the layout, but has seen plenty of operation. Though my daughter’s keenness to operate the model railways may be influenced by the fact that she’s discovered the stash of toys we inherited from her older cousins that are up there. 

I’ve been working on adopting some magnetically operated auto couplings. But, haven’t got the results I was hoping for and sensing that I was starting to obsess over them, I’ve put the old hooks back on and reverted to the hand from the sky for now. 

I’m not adverse to the hand from the sky personally, I’m used to it with O gauge three links and it will be just fine for home running where I sit in front of the layout with the scene laid out in front of me. Not so good for exhibitions where I’d be in the way, but as they will be few and far between, if at all, then it’s not such a high priority. 

My modelling bench is now clear of couplings and replaced by the next two buildings for the layout. 

Comments

Popular Posts