Waiting Shelter Finished


Modelling has been at best sporadic since Kettering. Partly due to the need to remove our kitchen for a new one to be fitted (currently in progress) and partly due to me hitting a stumbling block with the Intentio Office Building kit I was part way through.

Intentio don’t provide instructions with their kits, considering them straight forward enough to assemble. Just to prove that there is no such thing as Idiot Proof, I’ve come unstuck with this and my impatience before. Learning the need to dry assemble everything and be patient first before committing to glue. They’re lovely buildings so will just have to remember that mantra next time. 

However, I came unstuck this time by not fully understanding the roofing slates. Thinking that the half slates went at the top rather than at the bottom. The result being I ran out of slates before the roof was finished and of course, this was done over more than one session so the slates were firmly glued on. Thankfully, Phil at Intentio took pity on me and some more slates arrived in today’s post. Within an hour, the building was finished. 

Overall, I’m very pleased with the waiting shelter, it captures the style of the Glyn Valley examples well. I’ve added some guttering and down pipes from ModelU and there may well be an enamel advertisement or two added in time. For now, it’s going on the layout and I’m going to get on with the clay dry buildings. 


Comments

Popular Posts